Friday, November 16, 2012

Button, button, who's got the button?!

Thanks to Mod Podge Rocks, I was made aware this morning that it is . . . wait for it . . .

 
National Button Day!!
 
 
And this is how I'm celebrating . . .
 
 
 
This just arrived in the mail yesterday, a cookie tin full of old buttons I bought off e-Bay.
 
If you've been paying attention, you know that I've been making jewelry out of old buttons. Like this pendant necklace made from vintage mother-of-pearl buttons, vintage crystals and faux pearls, hanging from organza ribbon.
 
Or this bracelet made with super cool vintage brass buttons. (Not sure I can give this one up!)
  

And I'm probably getting a little carried away. I'm even making Christmas button necklaces and earrings.
As I started running out of buttons, I turned to my dear friend, Mr. e-Bay. Comfort me Mr. e-Bay. Let me know there is more junk out there for me. 
 
And as usual, Mr. e-Bay was happy to satisfy my needs. Ahhh, if only the rest of my life were this simple. 
 
 
First I have to sort my buttons by color.
 
 

Beautiful shades of blue. Something really beachy is gonna come out of this pile, huh!
 
Holy mother-of-pearl! These could adorn a bride's wrist as she walks down the aisle.
 
Pretty in pink!
 
Happy National Button Day, friends! Time to get my craft on!
 
 
I'm sharing my button obsession with these beautiful blogs!
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the necklace with the mother of pearl buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Coleen. Glad you found me. I just got back from your blog and I'm your latest email subscriber.

      Delete
  2. Oh Peggy Hi, I am Peggy too legally Margaret. So you are a "Button Floozie." You need to check out my Button Floozie button on my blog and join up with us. We have swaps every so often and that is a great way to experience different types of buttons. I use my buttons for jewelry, cards and many different things. http://buttonfloozies.blogspot.com will get your there.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy MOP you have a lot of buttons! Thanks for stopping by. I just became your latest follower. I guess I am becoming a Button Floozie. Nice to meet another Peggy/Margaret Button Floozie!

      Delete
  3. When I was a little girl I loved to play in my moms button jar. I would sort them and pretty soon I had familes, the big buttons of course were the mom and dad. Pretty sure none of my kids ever played with my jar of buttons.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bliss, for stopping by checkin' me out. I don't know what it is about buttons. I get pretty giddy over 'em. I'm working on new anklet designs for the summer!

      Delete
  4. This is very fascinating, Youre a very professional blogger. Ive joined your rss feed and look ahead to Pure Testo Xplode in quest of more of your excellent post. Additionally, Ive shared your website in my social networks!http://www.healthcaresups.com/pure-testo-xplode/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I precisely desired to appreciate you all over again. I do not know what I might have followed in the absence of the entire recommendations contributed by you on such field. Alpha XTRM It was actually a very troublesome problem for me, however , finding out the very professional tactic you treated it took me to cry for delight. Im thankful for the advice and hope that you recognize what an amazing job that you are putting in teaching others using your blog post. I know that you havent met any of us.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work there. signed up to your rss feed!Normal reasons that computers get slower is because of low diskspace,low memory, Intellux and low memory. However there are apps that can solve such dilemas. Using these programs can really help. Might you tell me know if that is the casehttp://www.healthcaresups.com/intellux/

    ReplyDelete