Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where ya been? Whatcha been doin?

I'll probably never be one of those highly successful bloggers with thousands of followers. I should have known when I started this blog back in the beginning of this year that I would have a hard time sustaining a steady blogging or crafting schedule. I don't know how you people do it--posting every day, or even every other day, or even once or twice a week, which now seems completely daunting to me!

Much like my pool playing, I'm not always a consistent crafter. I tend to craft in spurts. I'll get a jag to do some sewing and then spend a few weeks sewing all kinds of crafty goodness.

Or I'll get a full head 'o steam about paint projects and start to paint anything that's not tied down.

Then, I'll suddenly drop painting and start decoupaging and then everybody gets decoupaged presents for Christmas that year.

But then, just as easily, I'll spend weeks not doing anything the least bit crafty or DIY in nature.

That's just how I roll.

And so it goes with the blog too. I've been as consistent with blogging as I have been with my pool playing. Maybe I'm not the compulsive type.

That being said, although I haven't been blogging a whole lot, I have been busy making jewelry in preparation for three craft shows the next three Saturdays. I'm hoping that you, my trusty followers, will appreciate that sometimes, rather than constantly writing about what we're doing, we have to spend time actually just doing so that we'll have something to write about later.

So I've been working up new jewelry designs using vintage buttons, shell buttons, vintage brooches and other pieces of old costume jewelry. I've also been using various wire-wrapping techniques.

I'm having so much fun with the button jewelry pieces particularly. They have that vintage shabby chic somethin-somethin' goin on, dontcha think?

Vintage mother-of-pearl buttons wired together with glass crystal-studded wires and strung on black silk.

Vintage mother-of-pearl buttons combined with vintage crystals and strung on organza ribbon.

Green glass teardrops wrapped in gold-tone copper wire

I call this "crystal chaos" -- little tiny crystals amidst a chaos of wire and a champagne glass pearl

A vintage costume brooch is the focal point of an asymmetrical necklace with smokey grey glass pearls and crackle ceramic beads.

Vintage chandelier crystal dangles from multi-colored glass pearls strung on organza ribbon

My love of the spiral design continues with these simple wire earrings.

More wire wrapped around Czech glass crystals

Pink-coated copper wire wrapped around rose quarts stones.
Thanks for taking a look.

If you LIKE Crazy Thrifty Crafts on Facebook, then you can keep up to date on my Craft Fair schedule, in case you desperately need to purchase some of my  jewelry.

Thanks!

I'm trick-or-treating at the following houses:

Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday
Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday
PRIMP Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Made In a Day Made You Look Linky
Full Circle Creations All Star Block Party
The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday
My Repurposed Life Catch As Catch Can
504 Main Tickled Pink
Kammy's Korner Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday




6 comments:

  1. Wow. Loving these new designs, esp. the pink-coated copper and rose quartz somethin' somethin'! Way to go sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Loving these new designs, esp. the pink-coated copper and rose quartz somethin' somethin'! Way to go sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand what you mean, in my case it is my A.D.D that keeps me so all over the map! The good news is, they say people who are A.D.D are creative...I will just hold that close to my heart!

    Now talk about creative, you are!!!! Your jewelry is wonderful! That broach necklace...WOW!

    Thanks for following me, and I am now your newest follower.

    Jan @ The Pink Geranium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! Glad to have you aboard. And thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. Glad I found your blog too!

      Delete