Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Alot to be grateful for

You know how at the beginning of the school year teachers often ask students to write about what they did over the summer?

Well, I could write a dissertation about my summer and how fabulous it has been. I could write extensively about reconnecting with old friends, about how I learned new ways of eating fish and how I explored parts of Block Island I hadn't known before, even though I lived there for several years.

I could write all that, but the fact is, I just got home, my house is a total wreck inside and out from being away for an extended period of time, and I have guests coming to spend the night in less than two weeks!

So for now, here's a list and a few choice pics of the things I did on my summer vacation.

Sunset beach party with the Gutierrez family.
Reconnect with old friends.

Eat fish that was caught the same day and cooked over an open fire.

Realize that my dog, Daisy, is probably the best dog ever in the history of dogs.

Camp in the Adirondacks and the Poconos.

Eat sashimi tuna caught that morning.

Crescent Beach, Block Island, RI, where I spent a good amount of my time.
Dance . . . on the beach!

Swim in the ocean.


That would be me on a paddleboard.
Relax.
 
Walk the beach.

Hike nature trails.
 
Kayak.
 
Paddleboard.

Sing.

Play piano.

Meet new people.

Make new jewelry.
Morning view of Lake Eaton from my campsite in the Adirondacks.
Swim in freshwater ponds and lakes.

Cook and bake.
 

Lobster, crab, corn and fresh basil quiche--recipe will be in separate post.
Eat homegrown tomatoes.

Buy new dresses.

Eat lots of ice cream.

I am a grateful girl!



7 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a great vacation! And those pics. are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I do have lots to be grateful for. It was a really great summer. Thanks for stopping by. I feel like I've been away from the blogosphere for a long time. It's going to take me awhile to catch up with what everybody's been doing. I'll come visit soon.

      Delete
  2. Looks like it was a glorious summer! Don't worry about the house! Everything will fall in place. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dust has fallen into place and wants to stay!;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Peggy, great to read your blog. So inspiring cooking and beautiful views. Sorry for my late stopping by. I overlooked your last comments. Glad to follow you. I'll come again.
    Terrie from Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Terrie! Thanks for following and for your kind words.

      Delete